Saturday 11 May 2013

WWRY Job Role Analysis


The above image was taken by myself at the plotting session for WWRY. Whilst the DSM to my right wrote cues into the script (cue book) I programmed the lights that the director wanted like. 
In this session I was reminded how to use a jester lighting desk and I was also taught how to operate the 10 moving heads.  This was important for my role because I would be using them on the night of the performance and it was essential for me to know how they work so I could notice if there was a problem, or in contrast,to know whether they were working properly, as that was partly my job. 




The image above is a pre-show checklist completed by myself on the evenings of the performance. This is the original list that was written on as the checks were completed. As you can see, 2 extra roles were added onto the end as they were not set up until the Tuesday evening. Also, on the final night I wrote a note next to the 'check for burnt out gels' because one of the 1k Fresnel back lights had gone. Therefore we had to work quickly to cut out a new gel and rig it before the doors opened.
The checklist was necessary because it gave me as a lighting operator some more responsibility for the lighting equipment and being able to independently check it confidently.








 I was also involved in the rigging process for We Will Rock You.

No comments:

Post a Comment